What data do we collect?
When you visit this website
We collect information about which pages you open, how long your visit lasts, and other metrics through our Poland-based partner Piwik Pro. For this purpose, a fingerprint of your browser is created. This fingerprint is discarded after your visit ends. Our page analytics do not collect data that allows us to associate your sessions on the website.
You may opt out of tracking below. For this purpose, we have to store a cookie in your browser. You may also opt out by setting the 'Do Not Track' property in your browser. Because we cannot associate your current with any of your previous visits, we cannot delete existing analytics from our systems.
This website is delivered by the global Microsoft Azure Content Delivery Network, which may store your IP address for abuse prevention.
When you sign up for our mailing list
Once you sign up for our Mailing List, your email and IP addresses will be sent to and stored by our US-based partner Twilio SendGrid. When you receive an email from us, SendGrid may track whether and how you open or interact with that email. We will only start to send emails to you once you complete the double-opt-in process.
If you receive an email from us and don't wish to continue to do so, you may unsubscribe from the email list by clicking the link in the footer of that email. Alternatively, you can, at any time, contact us through this website or by email and ask us to remove you from the email list. If you additionally want us to delete your historical email records from our systems, please tell us.
When you send us a message via the contact form
Your name, email address, and message will be collected and sent to our email inboxes so we can reply to it. Our email inboxes are hosted within the European Union by the Indian company Zoho. We use the Microsoft Azure Communication Services to transmit your email to our inbox. Microsoft is a US company and we use one of their US data centers for this purpose and must process your email address and message to send it.
You can send us an email yourself by using our email address to prevent Microsoft from processing your data.
Currently, any message you send us may be retained in our inboxes indefinitely. Of course, you may request your message to be deleted after we replied to and acted on it.
What rights do you have?
Under the European Union’s GDPR and California’s CCPA regulations, you enjoy the following privacy-related rights:
- Right to Information: You have the right to know what personally identifiable information of you we collect and process, where we do this and with which partners. We also have to inform you about ways to opt out of any data collection and retention, although some data storage (such as storing your project files) is necessary to provide our service to you. Refer to the previous section for this information. As an EU resident, you may contact a government data protection office such as the Berlin state representative for data protection if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated.
- Right to Access: You may request to receive all information we store from you at any time. You can easily download all information associated with your Typst account (including projects) from the account settings. If you want to access other information we stored about you (e.g., e-mail marketing data), you may contact us at any time.
- Right to Rectification: You can change account information, such as your display name and email address, in the account settings. If you believe that we store other inaccurate or out-of-date information about you, you may contact us at any time, providing the updated information.
- Right to Erasure: You may request that we remove all personally identifiable information about you from our systems at any time. In some cases, e.g. if you delete your account, we cannot continue to provide service to you afterwards.
- Right to Restrict Data Processing: You may partition us to temporarily suspend the processing of your personally identifiable information if you believe that we store or process inaccurate information about you or unlawfully process your data.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the data we stored about you in a machine-readable format that can potentially be used with the services of other vendors or by yourself. We will always include machine-readable data in Right to Access requests, be it for the data in your account or any other data we stored about you. The Typst files in your projects can be processed with the non-commercial, open source version of the Typst compiler.
- Right to Object: You may, at any time, object to further processing of your data by us. This includes, for example, email marketing, and complements the Right to Erasure. You can learn how to object above.
- Right to Refuse Personal Data Sale: You may refuse the sale of your personal data. Since Typst will never sell your personal data, you do not need to opt out of this.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: Exercising any of the above rights shall not lead to any discrimination in price, service level or quality, or other offer conditions. However, sometimes we need to collect, store, and process your information to provide a service or offer (i.e. your email address to send you a beta invite). If you opt out of this data collection, we cannot provide the corresponding service.
These rights are only enforceable for European Union or California residents, but we grant them to all of our users regardless of jurisdiction or country of residency.